Aylah Loewnstein, M.S., MHC-LP
1. One of my favorite childhood memories is . . .
Decorating the sukkah each year with my dad and sister for Sukkot.
2. I love being a mental health counselor because . . .
Watching people transform is magical.
3. A life lesson I’ve learned from my clients is . . .
Dedication is an act of courage.
4. Three words that describe my counseling style are . . .
Empathetic, intuitive, and analytical.
5. When I’m not in counseling sessions, you’ll find me . . .
In my garden.
6. Three people who inspire me are . . .
My grandmother, Beyoncé, and Kahlil Gibran.
7. A quote that I live by is . . .
“Change is the only constant.”
8. One thing guaranteed to push me out of my comfort zone is . . .
Public speaking (ah!).
9. My best self-care technique is . . .
Taking long walks in nature.
10. This is how I found counseling and how counseling found me . . .
As a small child I had a transformative experience with a therapist. Ever since then, I have always known that I wanted to give to others the same gift that was given to me.
11. One thing I could not live without is . . .
12. If I were to tell a friend about mental health counseling, I would say . . .
If you want it to work, you have to be honest.
13. The approaches I draw from in my counseling practice are . . .
Reality therapy, CBT/Mindfulness, and person-centered therapy.
14. Clients that challenge me the most have this in common . . .
They are always the clients who I wind up learning the most from.