Edith Patterson Brown, M.Ed., LMHC
1. One of my favorite childhood memories is . . .
Swimming in the lake with family and friends.
2. I love being a mental health counselor because . . .
Authentically connecting with people is my greatest joy. I love hearing stories and seeing people find tangible ways to love themselves and others as they truly desire.
3. A life lesson I’ve learned from my clients is . . .
4. Three words that describe my counseling style are . . .
Connected, joyful, discovery.
5. When I’m not in counseling sessions, you’ll find me . . .
Hopefully, in, on or by water.
6. Three people who inspire me are . . .
My three children.
7. A quote that I live by is . . .
“I would love to live like a river carried by the surprise of its own unfolding”- John O’Donohue
8. One thing guaranteed to push me out of my comfort zone is . . .
9. My best self-care technique is . . .
10. This is how I found counseling and how counseling found me . . .
I love art and people. In high school, a beloved family friend posed the idea of pursuing art therapy. That was what led my college majors and continued to thread throughout my life.
11. One thing I could not live without is . . .
Quality time with loved ones.
12. If I were to tell a friend about mental health counseling, I would say . . .
It can be really fun.
13. The approaches I draw from in my counseling practice are . . .
Internal Family Therapy, The Gottman Method of couples therapy, Rogerian, DBT, CBT.
14. Clients that challenge me the most have this in common . . .