Nicole Bailey, M.S, LMHC
1. One of my favorite childhood memories is . . .
being on the beach with my family. I used to pretend I was a mermaid swimming in the ocean.
2. I love being a mental health counselor because . . .
I love learning a person’s story and helping them write their future.
3. A life lesson I’ve learned from my clients is . . .
to listen is to understand.
4. Three words that describe my counseling style are . . .
supportive, collaborative, and open.
5. When I’m not in counseling sessions, you’ll find me . . .
crafting and hanging out with my cat.
6. Three people who inspire me are . . .
Jane Goodall, Dolly Parton, and my grandmother.
7. A quote that I live by is . . .
“You, yourself, out of anyone in the world, deserves your own love and compassion”.
8. My best self-care technique is . . .
hula hooping and working on puzzles.
9. This is how I found counseling and how counseling found me . . .
I witnessed the change counseling can help people make.
10. One thing I could not live without is . . .
11. If I were to tell a friend about mental health counseling, I would say . . .
it is a tool that can be used in lots of different ways, from getting support, to gaining insight, to change something about yourself or your life, to healing, etc. You deserve the space
12. The approaches I draw from in my counseling practice are . . .
DBT/CBT, narrative, person centered, and recently am learning more about and starting to incorporate IFS.